lunes, 2 de enero de 2017

Poesía: At night

Por: Carlos Alberto Morales Muñoz





At night
In the middle of dark
Lost in woods and rain
I wheeze and wonder
for who did I fall?

Who was it? Who was she?
Black cold dust blinds my sight.

Trembling, feeling shivers down my spine.
I stand and shout
Who was she?

And then, memories return:
The first kiss under that tree.
The confession, the dance.
The hugs, kisses.
The first time we made love.
All of it.

Afterwards, only red.
An astonishing red.
Blood.
Red blood.
Red eyes in a red face.
A red mouth coughing red blood.
A red knife, a red pair of hands.

She was beautiful. She was so pure. She WAS…

But then, a whisper came through the wind
A true sign of God’s hand

Never in history a single question
showed so many emotions:
Joy, regret, fear, envy, love, hate, hate, HATE!
Who was she?
No!
WHO AM I?


1 comentario: