miércoles, 8 de agosto de 2018

Poesía: Sentence

Por: Ciarán Cork




Convinced myself in this life: last; next
That somehow this was a game
And somehow it was fixed
I look down at my hand, 
The seven, the queen, the jack of hate
Then I see the Joker - and he smiles 
at my fate 
I cry and my noise almost drowns the bloodied tears
But the Joker laughs in hysteria -
and that confirms my earthly fears
How funny he looks, frolicking in his colourful clothes, boots and jingle hat.

His smile would crucify you
The torment of 
1000 fallen angels
beyond earthly comprehension
I resist and experience a surge of tension.

A brief struggle against his tune, but soon I fall under his colourful spell.
My heartbeat ceases, the sinews relax -
dealt a new hand
a new game
a new plan

But there he sprawls in the pack
Waiting, wide-eyed - dancing anxiously for you since he fell...


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario